Translate

Powered By google

May 14, 2010

SHISEIDO : Integrate Mineral Foundation SPF 16 PA+

Shiseido Integrated Mineral Foundation SPF 16 PA+


I had seen the Shiseido Integrated Mineral Foundation in the day before, in Odaiba, Tokyo. But I did not purchase as it was selling at 1365 yen for the refill alone (w/o case) and I find the price rather steep to buy and trial.

I am glad I backed out, as I managed to spot it selling at 1365 yen per set instead in Akihabara, Tokyo, on my last day of holiday. I grabbed 2 sets without realising what is "Mineral Foundation". A search in google.com, lead me to a local blogger, Haru's post dated 25 December 2009. As mentioned by Haru, this is Shiseido's first line of mineral foundations and was released on 21 February in Japan.

I also extracted more info about mineral foundation from geekwise and essortment.com and hopes that as mentioned, this mineral foundation will work well on my sensitive skin.


From WiseGeek;
Mineral foundation makeup refers to foundations or base makeups that are usually powder and that are made up of ingredients that are mostly minerals and perhaps cornstarch. There are now many of these foundations on the market.The initial goal when mineral foundation makeup first appeared in the 1970s was to eliminate some of the extra ingredients irritate skin like dyes, binding ingredients, and fragrances. Most mineral makeups fair very poorly and provide only an SPF of 15. Doctors say this isn’t a reason not to use mineral foundation makeup, but advise that patients use a stronger sunscreen underneath the base.

From essortment.com
Sensitive and acne-prone skin can benefit from using mineral foundation powder. There is an extremely low allergy risk and is excellent for all types of problem skin. These powders aid in oil absorption and keep a matte fresh finish throughout the day and into the night. They contain no skin irritating materials. They are also comedogenic, which means they will not block or clog pores. Mineral foundation powder is free of oils, waxes, silicone and is anti-inflammatory. They can assist in soothing and medicating irritated skin. The ingredients consist of inert and natural minerals that can not support bacteria and are preservative free. There is virtually no risk for people with skin allergies or skin sensitivity.

1 comments:

I have to admit that I haven't always been a big makeup person. I learned early on that even if I liked playing with makeup, my skin didn't enjoy it; I often ended up with redness or a rash, and that itchy, burning feeling kept me away from makeup for years. Even when I was in high school and college, I mostly wore lipstick and no other makeup.Unfortunately, in high school and college I also didn't wear my sunscreen consistently. I'd try to tan, and more than once ended up with angry burns. As I approach 40 I'm a walking cautionary tale: age spots and freckles, along with fine lines, have started to appear. I realized that even if my skin didn't like makeup before, I NEEDED it to even my skin tone and minimize the appearance of those spots and freckles. Enter mineral makeup.I heard only good things about mineral makeup: doesn't feel like a mask, doesn't irritate sensitive skin, looks natural. I was sold! But my early purchases were disappointing. I still found it uncomfortable and kind of itchy to wear. Until I tried PRIIA Cosmetics.Last year I was fortunate enough to talk with Kelley Maddison, the creator of PRIIA Cosmetics, and share some of her great advice about bridal makeup and skin care. I know Kelley from Twitter, and we both belong to the Indie Beauty Network. Kelley launched PRIIA Cosmetics last year, and around that time I started using her products. I don't recommend products lightly, but I decided that after a whole year of using a variety of PRIIA cosmetics, I was qualified to offer my opinions. I'm delighted to tell you that PRIIA is, quite simply, the best.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More