Translate

Powered By google

July 23, 2010

Review of Clinelle Blemish Clear Mask

[Sample and Review]

Product : A 50ml Clinelle Blemish Clear Mask



I used this Clinelle Blemish Clear Mask twice before sharing my review of this product.

I am considered a "newbie" when it comes to clay mask. The only clay mask that I have used and is still using is St Ives Mineral Clay Firming Mask. Clinelle Blemish Clear Mask is white in color and is has a slightly less "thicker" texture, a soothing and pleasant scent compared to St Ives Firming Mask.




What are the benefits of using Clay Mask?
A clay mask helps stimulates and increases circulation, tighten skin, refines enlarged pores, exfoliates by lifting dead skin cells and cleanses the skin. Clay masks are usually good for all skin types, especially acne skin, as it helps control excessive sebum production. 

What's the benefit of Lllite (Green Clay) and Kaolin (White Clay)?
Green clay works by drawing out impurities and toxins from the skin, toning and firming while stimulating circulation. It is known to clear problem skin and heal blemishes*. White clay stimulates circulation to the skin while gently exfoliating and cleansing. Its mildly drying and disinfectant properties help heal existing blemishes and inflammations, while preventing new ones from forming.

* You should only use the clay mask once a week if you have dry or sensitive skin.

The results of using? Judge for yourself with the images below.



I like its smooth texture, which makes it much easier to apply. I did not experience any discomfort (eg redness or stinging sensation) upon application. According to usage directions, it has to be leave on for approximately 10mins before rinsing off with lukewarm water. However, I was surprised to note that barely 10mins, the Clinelle Blemish Clear Mask was almost absorbed into my skin. With my only experienced from St Ives Clay mask, it was supposed to harden and dry. Was it supposed to be this way? I am seriously unsure.

I did a trial on my hands to confirm my doubts.


Clinelle Blemish Clear Mask is excellent for sensitive skin** like mine. Perhaps the words "Blemish Clear Mask" gives me an optimistic feeling that it is catered specially to my problem skin and will help keep my skin clear and radiant. It is milder and I favor the after-effect of the Blemish Clear Mask as it is definitely not as drying and harsh to my skin. 
** In my personal opinion, it should be excellent for acne-prone skin too!

Question to ponder : Why was most of the Clinelle Blemish Clear Mask being absorbed into my skin, though it did leave a final "very" thin film on my skin? I am curious to know too.

4 comments:

Hi!
Does this mask helps to heal old acne scars?

ly_tan_91@yahoo.com.sg

dear ly_tan,

It will certainly be helpful in the process of healing as it contains;
(1) Lllite (Green Clay) - helps clear problem skin and heal blemishes
(2) Kaolin (White Clay) - mildly drying and disinfectant properties help heal existing blemishes and inflammations, while preventing new ones from forming

You might need to be patient as old acne scars do take a slightly longer time to show significant lightening of the post acne marks.

Regards.

So how many times do you use a week? How do you feel after a week of use?
Cos i saw guardian having a sale and hougang mall level 1, 40% off fo clinelle products until 1st aug!!
very tempted to get this!

Hi,

Sorry for my late reply.
I usually use clay mask twice per week.
It does not give the usual tight feeling as compared to my St Ives and I no longer experience redness on my skin after usage.

Regards.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More