Translate

Powered By google

June 17, 2010

Testing the pH of my skincare

I was recently inspired by vivawoman's post on "How to test the pH level of your skincare?" and went searching for pH indicators testers. I tried getting from Guardian as mentioned in her post, but was rather unsuccessful.

As I was nearby Novena area this afternoon, I decided to try luck at TTSH pharmacy. The pH indicators I gotten from TTSH costed me sgd$12.25 and it contained 100 sticks. It seems rather complicated compared to the ones Sesame bought. I would assume that its more precise (trying to console myself, as the price is almost doubled!).


More about pH (from ehow.com)
pH is a unit of measure which describes the degree of acidity or alkalinity of a solution. It is measured on a scale of 0 to 14.

How to use pH sticks?
1. Dip a pH testing strip into the liquid to be tested.
2. Compare the color of the strip to the color chart on the back of the testing kit. Colors indicating 1 to 6.5 mean the tested substance is acidic; colors indicating 7.5 to 14 mean it is basic. Colors reading around 7 mean the substance is neutral.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More