Translate

Powered By google

April 17, 2011

Day 1A - I ❤ Hong Kong

The "blur sotong" me booked the earliest flight via Singapore Airlines and I only realised that I gotta be at Changi Airport as early as 0520!

Finished work real late the day before, so I had to skip my beauty sleep so that I could do some last minute packing and online check-in. I'm glad I left home earlier as I spent almost 30mins waiting for a cab.

My departing flight is SQ890 which departs at 0720

The flight is fully booked!

My breakfast!

The feeling of freedom

The orientation of my arrival hall was different from previous, and I had difficulty locating the China Travel Service (CTS) counter. From here, I bought the discounted Disneyland park tickets which bundles with 3-in-1 dinning coupon at HKD$413 (usual HKD$475).

Discounted admission tickets counter

Next, is to visit the MTR counter to purchase my Octopus Card (S'pore's Ez-Link Card) and Airport Express 4-person Group Ticket promotion at HKD$220 ($35.80) per way.

MTR counter

For this vacation, I have booked The Cityview Hotel (formerly YMCA International House) which was highly raved by both forum'ers and my colleagues. Though most forum'ers mentioned that they often gets complimentary room upgrades, I wasnt too confident that I stand a chance as my travel dates coincides with the HK trade fairs. So ... I went ahead and booked their Premier rooms which were supposed to be bigger than their typical Superior rooms.

The Cityview Logo

The most affordable way to reach The Cityview Hotel is by Citybus A21 which cost a mere HKD$33 (~S$5.40) per way, and the ride takes ~ 40min - 60mins (depending on traffic conditions). As I don't wish to lug my "giant" luggages along Nathan Road, I decided to opt for Airport Express which takes ~ 20mins excluding the direct shuttle bus ride.

Airport Express @ Kowloon

Upon reaching Kowloon station, I transferred to shuttle bus K5 which take ~ 10mins. The complimentary shuttle bus is provided to Airport Express passengers and it allows me to alight at The Cityview Hotel entrance.

Airport Express @ Kowloon

We arrived early and as the rooms wasn't ready yet. And as expected, the hotel was crowded with guests and there wasnt any complimentary upgrade of rooms. Time is precious, and we decided to leave our luggages at the concierge and left the hotel for lunch and shopping.

Cityview Hotel @ Yau Ma Tei

---------- Day 1B - I ❤ Hong Kong (next to be published) ----------

2 comments:

Where is CTS counter? I couldnt find on my last trip :(

elynn,

Its just outside the arrival hall. You will see some booths.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More