Translate

Powered By google

October 1, 2010

Review - Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen 《精武风云: 陈真》

The movie poster (in my opinion) below best describe the show; Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen is a movie starring Donnie Yen, Shu Qi, Anthony Wong, Huang Bo and so on.


Like most ladies (can I call myself girl?) on earth, I like romantic or comedy movies / dramas, which explains why I am a K-drama fanatic. When given a choice, I seriously would not opt for movies that involve fist-fighting. But despite all I have said, I have to confess that I watched Ip Man, Ong Bak, Huo Yuan Jia and many more martial art movies (at the insistent of dear).

I bought additional pair of tickets for my parents :)
I find the movie pace rather fast and storyline straight forward. Its a movie that concentrates on martial arts anyway, so please dont expect much confusing plots. The fight-duet in the final scene had Donnie Yen as almost invincible, spurted by the anguish of his beloved country suffering due to Japan's ambitious desire to gain domination. But the movie ended almost abruptly after the final-fight and left me wondering is there a possibility of another continuation movie.

I guess the only take home message that was drilled deep into my brain after the movie is;
- Japanese were really cruel to have declared war and tortured the patriotic.
- Nothing is impossible when you have the continuous willpower and persistence.

Now seat back, and view the trailer of Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More