Translate

Powered By google

March 23, 2011

Concept of Impermanence

I am a perfectionist who believes that perfection can and should be attained in everything I do. So for the first time in my life, I have to admit that I am overwhelmed by life.


I am one lucky chap who always get what I longed or hoped for. I have a close-knit family, a loving boyfriend (husband-to be) and a smooth sailing career. Yet an alarming call from the 9.0 earthquake, which created a giant tsunami and nuclear disaster in Japan, makes me realized that life is fragile and desires can never be satisfied.


I always thought that I am in control of my life. It took dear and me more than 2 months of hard crunching to create a masterpiece of our Japan vacation itinerary. You can never understand the turmoil I experienced when I saw the heart-wrenching scenes from CNA. A part of me was praying hard for the helpless victims, yet another part of me was praying hard that everything appearing in front of me wasnt real.



It has since been twelve days and I have already cancelled my travel plans to Japan. I have to accept the fact that I don't have the capability to respond in case of emergencies arise (especially with my elderly parents). My religion has taught me that nothing is impermanence. Nothing in life is permanent and constant, nothing, not even the tiniest hair on your body.


I'm aghast by the cruel way life has been taken away and I need time to take control of my mind. While Japan is taking her precious time to rebuild herself, I need time to accept this reality that only one unchanging law in the universe - and that is that all things change and are impermanent.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More