Translate

Powered By google

September 3, 2010

SANA Natural Resource Challenge (Part 2)

I visited SANA's office this morning @ Wellington Building and was welcomed by Ms. Carra (Manager), Able International, and her colleagues. Next, I was invited to take a seat and was given a thin folder of notes on sensitive skin to read while Carra prepares herself for the intimate-skincare session. Below is what I have learnt and absorbed from Carra's sharing.

Information on Sensitive Skin
My skin condition was assessed thru Carra's "naked eye" (unaided by skin gadget) and several short questions before being diagnosed as Oily-Dry aka Combination skin type (You might want to read more about the different types of skin from ezinearticles.comIn fact, I was aware of my skin's deterioration to combination type. Nowadays, it seems to sway more towards the oily skin type. And you will be surprised that my occassional outbreaks tends to concentrate on my cheeks and none (touchwood!) on my T-Zone.

I was given an unexpected test on two images of skin cell structure. Oh goshed! This reminds me of my school days where I had to crunch down a thick chapter of skin anatomy. I am glad I gotten it right. I was further educated on what exactly is sensitive skin.

Ideal skin cell structure
Sensitive skin type may experience itching, burning, stinging and even to the extend of having dry skin. They may also react to ingredients in their skincare products, sudden climate changes and increase in personal stress. Sensitive skin problems are often caused by various sources (UV rays, stress and dryness) which affects the barrier function of our skin. FYI : A common mis-conception that stress causes skin woes is not exactly true. Stress usually has an impact on our hormones which usually leads to skin problems, eg acne.

I acquired new knowledge that skin requires a balance of lipid (oil) content and water content, and any imbalance will affect our skin condition. An extract from parkavenueskincare.com;

"Your facial skin has water glands that make water, and oil glands that make oil. They are different from each other. When the oil and water they make for your skin are in balance, you then have normal skin ... Under-active water glands cause dry skin. Dry skin needs its water (moisture) replenished. This is what moisturizers are supposed to do. Remember - your oil glands can't compensate for the lack of moisture. Oil is not a substitute for water. In fact, many of the moisturizers sold in stores are actually "oil-izers." They add oil, not water, which further aggravates the imbalance in your skin. To restore your skin's normal balance, you must replenish the water with an oil free (water-based) moisturizer ... Overactive oil glands cause oily skin. To restore your skin's normal balance, you need to remove the excess oil, without removing the water. If in the process of removing the excess oil with cleanser and toner (astringent) you in fact remove necessary water, then the removed water must again be restored with an oil free, or water-based moisturizer.

Remember to bookmark SANA as more advise and tips from Ms Carra will be shared in upcoming post on SANA Natural Resource Challenge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More